Combat emotional eating with JiMMYBAR!
Emotional eating occurs when you overeat to relieve stress, sadness, anger, or other types of negative emotions. Technically speaking, emotional eating is classified as a maladaptive, or unhealthy, coping strategy.
Five ways to stop emotional eating
Taking a proactive approach is vital to discouraging emotional eating habits. Here are five strategies that you can employ to assist you to stop emotional eating and start eating healthy.
- The first step away from emotional eating is being mindful about what is driving you to eat. Practice being aware of the difference between wanting a snack because you are hungry and wanting to eat something to tamp down an uncomfortable emotion or feeling.
- Identify specific triggers that historically have caused you to emotionally eat. Vaguely appreciating that you engage in emotional eating when you are stressed, sad, or angry is not specific enough to help you avoid triggers. Instead, make a list of the precise types of stress, nature of sadness, or sources of anger that can cause you to emotionally eat.
- Consider seeking advice and assistance from a counselor. There are counselors that focus their practices on aiding people like you who find solace in emotional eating. Even a few sessions may be enough to provide you with guidance that will break your emotional eating habits and replace them with habits that will leave you happier and healthier.
- Have a healthy alternative on hand, like a JiMMYBAR!. JiMMYBAR! snack bars are healthy, clean, wholesome snack bars. If you are inclined to eat something because of your emotional state, your health and well-being are better served when you consume something that is good for you, like a JiMMYBAR!.
- As an alternative to eating something when you feel emotionally compelled to do so, engage in an enjoyable activity. A suitable alternative can be something as simple as taking a walk for 10 minutes when the urge to eat occurs. If possible, take part in an activity with other people.
Try healthy snacks
If you are like most people who eat emotionally, you may gravitate to snacks and other food items that taste particularly good. Oftentimes, these include high-calorie desserts, and foods full of salt, fat, and sugar.
Next time you have a craving to eat emotionally, try picking up something that is both healthy for you and tastes good. Not only will it lead to a better you, but it may also over time begin to reduce your cravings for eating based on your emotions.
JiMMYBAR! snack bars
JiMMYBAR! snack bars are a great option for a healthy snack. They are made from natural, wholesome ingredients in order to be a healthy addition to your diet. Each JiMMYBAR! comes complete with vitamins and other nutrients that are beneficial to you. They are also low in fat and high in fiber.
Every JiMMYBAR! flavor is made with ingredients you can understand and easily identify, and not with a laundry list of confusing chemicals and other ingredients. A JiMMYBAR! is preservative and glutton free.
One of the major benefits of JiMMYBAR! snack bars is that they are simply delectable. They come in a number of appealing flavor, including Bluffin’ Banana Muffin’, Nuttin’ Here White Chocolate Cranberry Nut Free, Hip Chocolate Chip, and ‘Bout Dem Apples.
JiMMYBAR! snack bars are available at a growing number of retailers in brick and mortars and online. You can find JiMMYBAR! snack bars at stores like Target, Walgreens, Kroger, Whole Foods, TJ Maxx, Home Goods, GNC and online at Amazon.com.